Sunday, May 27, 2012

We made it!


Whew!  So I have been a bit distracted, but I'm thankful to say that we made it home around midnight on Wednesday evening!  Anna decided she was ready to go around 3:30 AM that morning, but we didn't actually leave our hotel until 8 AM.  We were staying at a hotel connected to the airport, so we were just able to walk to the gate.




Anna decided that she enjoyed being in the carrier for about 30 minutes, and she then decided to scream for the next 2 hours while we waited for our 1st flight to Tokyo.  I was a little concerned that this did not bode well for the next 20 hours...but our flights actually went pretty well.  Thankfully we had overheard another parent talk about how they had used a bassinet on the plane, so we requested that for Anna on both the long flights (4 hours to Tokyo, 11 1/2 to Dallas).  Amazingly enough we were able to get the bassinet both times - and it worked out great!  I know that poor Anna wouldn't have done nearly as well if I had held her that entire time, so it was such a blessing to have that option!! (highly recommend if traveling overseas with a baby less than 20 pounds!)  Since Dallas was our first point of entry to the USA, Anna technically became a US citizen there (here I am holding the magic "brown envelope" as we wait in  the customs line)  I thought that was fitting, as I am a proud Texan.


 We said goodbye to Mom/Cici in Dallas and then Anna and I had our last flight of the day.  By the time our flight left for Baton Rouge at 10 PM, poor Anna was screaming again.  We were in one of those tiny planes, and she was the only baby...so I know those poor folks were ready for us to get off the plane by the time we landed.  The boys were excited to have stayed up so late - on a school night, too!  It was so sweet to see the boys reaction to Anna - they have been so sweet and loving to her.  









And thanks to the GA's for making a welcome home sign!




1 comment:

  1. Ok this post definitely made me cry!!!! Wonderful happy touching kind of cry though!!! I am bursting with joy for your entire family!!! Those pics are truly worth far more than a thousand words!! What a blessing!!!!
    Kayla Silvio

    ReplyDelete