Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gotcha Day!

Anna and I skyping with David
This morning we flew from Beijing to Lanzhou; when we landed we took another 1 hour long car trip to the hotel.  We were pleased to learn that the orphanage director was going to bring Anna to our hotel room instead of meeting at the government building.  Our guide had told us that he would call before they came up, so I was waiting to call David on Skype...then we heard a knock at the door!  I scrambled, trying to call David...Mom was running to get the video camera and regular camera...and I felt like it was total chaos.  But what a joy to hold that precious little baby!  Sweet little Anna just sort of took it all in - no fussing or crying - she just looked a little dazed.  She is very weak and pitiful, but I am looking forward to getting her strong and healthy!  The orphanage director mentioned that she was a little sick; after I completed some paperwork downstairs I took her back to the room and took her temperature, and she had almost 103 temp!  Thankfully we had some meds, and Mom went with our guide to get some supplies at the store.  I had asked for some ginger ale if she could find some - and Mom said that she almost accidentally bought me some beer!  Those crazy Chinese grocery stores...



Mom and Anna

Filling out paperwork with sweet Anna


Please pray that Anna gets well soon and that Mom and I don't get sick either!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pics and the update! Praying for you guys and sweet precious Anna. I have been thinking about you all day!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that she gets better and that she is not to sick to fly home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little baby! So excited for you! Post more soon, I pray she feels better soon. But if not don't stress over taking her to the doctor there. I stressed like crazy and once I finally caved I was very impressed with the care we received.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the updates! She looks just perfect in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete