Monday, May 14, 2012

Paperwork Fun and More

Mom, Me, Anna, and the orphanage directors


Today was more paperwork - and getting to know my daughter a little more!
Yesterday was such a blur - all of a sudden all these people are in the
room, they passed off Anna to me, and I could tell she was sort of in
shock.  I know it is going to take time to get to really know Anna, but
already I feel like she is getting more used to us.  She started laughing
today when Mom tickled her belly, then she just started laughing
hysterically a few minutes ago when she accidentally brushed her hand
against her stomach.  I am also putting her to work - none of this lying
around on her back all day anymore!!!  She is so delayed in the gross
motor area...but we are going to work on that despite her protests (that
tummy time is really mean).  We've made a few observations...such as the
fact that we don't think she's really ever used/played with baby toys.  We
keep trying to give her toys, but she won't do anything but look at them.
She loves to look at pictures of her brothers, and the most alert I've
seen her was when her brothers were on Skype this morning.
A lot of the paperwork was completed this AM - in the eyes of China she is
officially ours!  I had to sign a bunch of papers and then put my
thumbprint over my signature - then Anna had to get her footprint on the
paperwork as well (which was very annoying to her).  After a stop at the
police station for another photo, we were done for today!

My thumb print!

Anna's foot stamp!

3 comments:

  1. She has the best mommy! I remember you performing PT on my girls as babies. Go tummy time! How is Anna this morning/evening?
    btw Chinese beer isn't very good; glad you avoided it ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad y'all had a good day! She looks so sweet! Poor Anna having to get her foot stamped-I would be annoyed too! :)

    ReplyDelete