Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fun with friends

This weekend we were so happy to see our dear friends from Texas who have also adopted a little girl from China (I just want to add that it was my idea first, but they beat us to it - ha!)  Lillie is precious and is doing great with her 2 big sisters and wonderful parents.  Anna wasn't being super sociable, as she is still a little cranky from the surgery, but it was great to get to see them.  



 I asked Will to scoot closer to Lillie for the picture, and then Lillie moved even farther away from him...I'm sure her parents will be glad to know she is avoiding troublesome boys for now.

Lillie was kind and pushed Anna around in the stroller for me while the "big kids" played tennis.  Don't tell Anna's surgeon I let her put her finger in her mouth...I'm not supposed to do that for another 2 weeks...(but she can chew on a bottle, so how is this so different?  I know, I'm rationalizing...)

Another sweet friend that I knew from college days also happened to be coming through town last night - they adopted their 2 older children from Guatemala several years ago.  If I thought adopting from China was difficult, I should have been in their shoes...they had to spend 8 months waiting in the country to get their kids!  Aaaahhhh!

Anna is doing better, but she is still not quite back to her happy "sleep through the night" self.  But she is doing great overall.  Here are some pictures from today - her lip still has "glue" that the surgeon put on last Monday, and it is gradually peeling off.



2 comments:

  1. You are such a rebel!!! Where's Miss Anna's "no-no's"? Anna looks great! AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much she's healed! Her lip looks awesome. I hope we get to visit with you guys also.

    ReplyDelete