Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day o' crying

Every once in a while I will think back to my good old youth group days and remember that Alan (our crazy and fun youth minister) would label things with an "o" in the middle to add some coolness to a title of a youth event.  For example, a lock-in would become "Night O' Pain".  Same as a lock-in, but just sounds more cool.  (On a side note - as an adult now, that definitely sounds painful - to stay up all night with a bunch of crazy teenagers?!?  Why on earth would anyone ever want to do that?)

Anyway, for me today was a Day O' Crying with Anna.  I mean, who could blame her - she just had her poor little face stitched up - but she was pretty pitiful.  This is pretty much what I saw all day today:


I know things will get better, and I'm certainly glad to be on this side of the surgery.  She will get her stitches out early next week, and I keep reminding myself that she won't remember how terrible she feels right now!

3 comments:

  1. Day 3 after surgery always seems to be the worst. I'm not sure if it is because all residual IV pain meds are fully out of the system, or just the day the pain from tissue damage sets in, but day 3 is always rough. On top of that you have a baby that cannot understand why her self soothing methods are not available any more. Surely today will be better. Robin Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - Day 'o crying is certainly catchy and much better than some other options after what was likely an exhausting day :) Love seeing Anna's pictures and the changes - so amazing! Praying for Anna's continued recovery and for you and your sweet family's adjustment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless her sweet little heart! So glad to see she is recovering and that the surgery is behind you. She is one tough cookie! And super duper precious! Hang in there sweet friends! Praying for quick healing from the Mighty Healer! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete