Saturday, April 28, 2012

Travel Approval!

This past Monday I got the call that we had received our travel approval - the big okay from China that we are now able to finally make travel plans!  By Wednesday I had the tickets bought - thankfully our adoption agency helps us figure all of this out, as we will be making lots of connecting flights, etc.  I thought I would just try to see if I could get a better deal on a flight...just because I love to check flights and make travel plans...so I called one airline after I received the original quote from the adoption agency.  When asked about my flight plans, I told her that I would need 2 different tickets, one originating from Baton Rouge or New Orleans (for me) and one from Dallas (for my mom) to Beijing...then return tickets from Hong Kong to Dallas/ Baton Rouge or New Orleans with a lap child.  Poor lady at the airline put me on hold for 20 minutes and then came back sounding confused with only the 1st part of the flight itinerary and quoted me a price about $500 more for the flight than our adoption agency had found...so that made my decision easy!  The timing is working out wonderfully, as we will leave on May 10th and return on May 23rd (the day before the 2 older boys get out of school).  I will arrive back in Baton Rouge with our new baby at 11:15 at night - but the boys are excited to get to come to the airport that late!  Now it's time for a lot of running around, packing, figuring out what to take, gathering my 5000 papers to take with me, and maybe trying to paint her room before I go...

4 comments:

  1. Slow down take a deep breath. It will all work out for he is with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Fellow AWWA family here. :) We have just started the process for our 2nd adoption from China with AWAA. Looking forward to following you on this last part of your journey!

    Blessings,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! We are also with AWAA and our daughter is in Qingyang City! She is 13 months old and we are still waiting for RA (it's been a very long 89 days). I will pray for safe travels for you and your mother. Can't wait to keep up with your story! :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your daughter and travel soon!

    I came over from your link at the AWAA SN chat group. We adopted 4 children from China's WC program with AW by our side!

    If you have any questions about cl/cp, I am happy to help. Two of our children were born cleft-affected and DD1 came home with all of it unrepaired.

    BTW, I can relate to Alex's way of thinking. I had some grief when our DD's cleft lip was repaired. I loved her wide smile!

    Again, many congrats!

    ReplyDelete